Preparing for Aerial Real Estate Photo Shoots
Because aerial photography is such a relatively new field, clients and homeowners often aren't sure how to prepare a property..
Because aerial photography is such a relatively new field, clients and homeowners often aren't sure how to prepare a property for an aerial shoot.
Here are 10 things you can do to guarantee the best possible aerial imaging of a property.
1. Grass - Does not have to be freshly mowed the day before a shoot. In fact, freshly mowed grass can reveal any bare or thin patches. From the air, grass mowed a week ago is fine.
2. Bushes - Do not have to be trimmed unless there are very long branches protruding from a side or the top, and these are clearly visible from across the street.
3. Trash Cans - Should be hidden, in the garage or garden shed if possible.
4. Doors and Windows - All doors should be closed. Windows do not need to be cleaned, but should look as uniform as possible. (e.g. blinds up to the same level, and curtains all open)
6. Decks/Patios - Should be swept, especially if there are trees around that are shedding leaves all over. Any patches where mud collects should be hosed off. All hoses should be rolled up or hidden and garden tools put away.
7. Patio Furniture - Even if the furniture is not conveying with the house, it can still be used to show how inviting and comfortable a patio area can look. Furniture should be arranged around the pool or some other focal point. If furniture has adjustable backs, set them to the same level. If you have cushions for all of the seats, they should be put out. Tables should be cleared off, and if you have umbrellas, they should be open. If you have a grill, itâ€™s cover should be removed.
8. Pool - The pool should have been cleaned recently, and any leaves or debris removed from the surface on the day of the shoot. If there is a Polaris cleaner in the pool, it should be removed. Pool equipment, such as brushes, nets and hoses, should be removed or stored neatly.
9. Vehicles - Vehicles should be removed from the driveway, but also from the street. Because aerial shots are taken from all angles and heights, vehicles moved across the street will still show in some photos. Several cars parked across the street will give the impression that the road is overcrowded and busy.
10. Toys - If there is a dedicated play area, such as a sand pit or play house, some larger toys can be left out for staging. However, if children play on a patio or generally in the yard, toys should be removed.
Many things have to be considered when youâ€™re using aerial photos and video to sell a property. This is where an experienced and qualified aerial photographer can really make a property stand out from the crowd.
Aerial Photography ProjectsAerial Shoot of a Virginia Beach Icon
Tuesday November 29th 2022
Virginia Beach Aerial Oceanfront Roadway Shoot
Thursday November 17th 2022
Interesting aerial shoot of empty lot in Smithfield
Tuesday November 08th 2022
Suffolk Aerial Communications Towers Photos
Friday October 28th 2022
Aerial Mapping in Newport News
Thursday October 20th 2022
Interior and Aerial real estate photo shoot
Monday October 10th 2022
Aerial real estate shoot for large property
Friday September 30th 2022
Interior Real Estate shoot in Virginia Beach
Tuesday September 20th 2022
Recent Instagram Posts by
If you would like more information, please feel free to contact us by either phone or email.